skim coat bubbling

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rt520

Reaction score
I recently put on the first layer of skim coat and after it dried I noticed that it is bubbling up. I started to scrap away where the bubbles are but I've been taking a lot of dry wall paper past the areas that are not bubbled up. Should I continue to peel the paper even if it is not bubbling? I was thinking about using a razor knife to cut around where it is bubbling and scraping inside that area. Then once I finish I will apply primer and then skim coat over that. Thanks!! :help:

Scrape any loose or bubbled area, hit it with some paint, then skim coat with drywall mud. I've had that happen before and it worked out well for me.

I would advise painting the wall with a product called Gardz. It goes on and seals or even glues any wallpaper or bubbling paint to the wall leaving a surface that feels like a coat of plastic. My drywall finisher turned me on to this product years ago and I habe been using it ever since.

Latest posts

Back