Hello from Northern Colorado

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handy-as-a-Foot

Reaction score
Hello,

I have read the "The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk" and completely agree.

As my handle suggests, I'm not very handy. :( ...I sure try, though.

I respect and admire DIY people and their skills and experience. I bought my condo this year (end of April) and have been meaning to find a DIY forum; this place seems a good fit.

I'm a 40 something IT guy by trade, and I like the layout of this website, the rules, and the responsiveness of the administrators. I hope to be a shinning example of what not to do, and - if I'm lucky - learn something along the way.

My first stop will be uploading some photos of a carpet-to-laminate floor problem that needs attention; with that said, I'm off to find the appropriate thread.

Thanks! :D

Welcome to the site. We will help all we can and maybe draw on your expertise getting rid of some of the spammers that come like the plague from time to time.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

[...] getting rid of some of the spammers that come like the plague from time to time.
Yeah, they're really bass turds. Like cyber-security, if there's a will there's a way. :mad:

I've been lurking in these forums ever since I bought this place and haven't had a chance (aka- didn't make it a priority) to sign up yet, but that's one of the reasons I chose this forum over other similar sites. The participation of the administrators and senior/veteran forum members, and the over-all quality of advice/instruction is impressive.

Neal with close to 20,000 posts may end up having made more posts than he has driven nails before he retires.

Honestly what I liked here before I joined was the mix of pros and handy home owners all working together. That and that it gets enough traffic to be interesting but not so much if you take a day off and come back it is like starting over reading for hours. Don’t be afraid to ask or share we are up for both.

Neal with close to 20,000 posts may end up having made more posts than he has driven nails before he retires.

Honestly what I liked here before I joined was the mix of pros and handy home owners all working together. That and that it gets enough traffic to be interesting but not so much if you take a day off and come back it is like starting over reading for hours. Don’t be afraid to ask or share we are up for both.

Pros don't drive nails, they drive trucks and shoot nail guns.:thbup:

Pros don't drive nails, they drive trucks and shoot nail guns.:thbup:

Haha I was correct then your driven nails are way less than your post count. Sorry I was trapped in a time warp back to the days of hammers. I get shooting nails in and all that but how do you clench them after you get them in? :confused:

Haha I was correct then your driven nails are way less than your post count. Sorry I was trapped in a time warp back to the days of hammers. I get shooting nails in and all that but how do you clench them after you get them in? :confused:

We just have more hot air.

Latest posts

Back