Property taxes.....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan2themax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK.. so, I dont mind paying property taxes.... not in the least bit.... but I got a letter in the mail about how my payment was going up because of taxes and not enough escrow.... I can deal with that... not a big change... but then I decide to get onto the auditors website... I see what the taxes are.... and then I notice that it says the condition of the house is good.... I dont think I would call it that.... especially since (well look at the pics and read my posts).... and my appraisal even says average... so I decide to look at my neighbors..... his taxes are not as high as mine.. and it says his house is average..... I am not overly happy about this......
So anyways.... I think I will make a phone tomorrow... find out a little more... it has the tax value of the house more than the appraisal value also... although they probably doesnt really matter....

I just needed to vent....feel free to call me crazy... I am ok with that... lol

Usually there is a window for reviewing taxes for the upcoming time period. Appeal if you think they are too high. The odds on getting a reuction are much better than an increase. - If you have done unpermitted work and everything looks to good, you end up with an increase, but not likely if you have done your homework.

My son thought his taxes were too high until he realized that the school (that is mainly funded by property taxes), is fas less than he paid last year for daycare, so he is getting a bargain.

Hey Shan:
Kentucky has homes divided into 4 quarters and 1/4 of them get big tax increses each 4 years. We made a law that they can't raise our taxes more than 4% so they just raise the assessment.
Lucky me, I hit 65 last October which cuts my taxes by 1/2. Kentucky is nice to Seniors (yeah, right they are just getting ready to bite again).
Glenn

Hey Shan:
Kentucky has homes divided into 4 quarters and 1/4 of them get big tax increses each 4 years. We made a law that they can't raise our taxes more than 4% so they just raise the assessment.
Lucky me, I hit 65 last October which cuts my taxes by 1/2. Kentucky is nice to Seniors (yeah, right they are just getting ready to bite again).
Glenn

lol.... they reassess every 3 years here from what I can tell..... I still dont like being the only one in 12 houses to have to pay a special assessment fee if that is the case... but I am going to try to find out more tonight when I get home...... hehehe

OK, so this morning I finally found the time to call and ask about the taxes... (I ended up working 65 hours/week the last 2 weeks) So,,,,,, the problem was that there was 1093.10 worth of delinquent sewage from the previous owners.......
So... I am glad to have that fixed....

Hooray for Shan!! A thousand dollar phone call and it took, what, 3 minutes? We are proud for you Shan and glad to hear the good report.
Glenn

Mnnnn,

I thought there would have been a tax lein on that property when you bought it. If you were in my town you would not have cleared title upon purchase without the previous owner settling up that bill.

Go figure. ?

Back