Want to lose weight?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over my life I've gained ~0.4 lb/year. The average for me is now -0.4 lb/day over ten days but the scatter plot shows that in the last four days I lost six lbs.
I'm still eating so I must be very active or our new scale is broken.
This experiment is full of surprises.

If you have gained 0.4 lbs/year and if you are now 80 years old you weigh 32 pounds. I would say you don’t need to diet. :help:

If you have gained 0.4 lbs/year and if you are now 80 years old you weigh 32 pounds. I would say you don’t need to diet. :help:
Well, if I were 80 years and 289 days old then I did actually start at zero lbs.

I have gained 1.4 lbs since breakfast by imbibing/consuming only coffee and water and burning off 120 Calories (about 120/3500 of a lb of fat) on a machine so much of the 'noise' in the 'signal' is water.

With the scale and spreadsheet I think I have achieved "the interaction of multiple elements in a system to produce an effect different from or greater than the sum of their individual effects."

When I have also achieved Emergence then I'll be ready for Prime Time! :D

Here's a graph for you.
A person goes from 0 to 8 lbs in 9 months.
Then from 8 lbs to 150 in 18 years.
Then gains a pound a year for 30 years.
Then. . .???

BTW, 12 days into this experiment (based largely on the book Eat to Live) Excel now tells me that I will cross through 150 lbs 50 to 75 days from now.
See you then.

Last edited:
It seems like I'm starving myself and it's taken this long to lose just five pounds. :(

10 lbs in 60 days. Five more lbs and I'll get my cholesterol checked.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks.

At what point would you say it's not business as usual? Day 55? It was around then that I started with a vegan meal every 48 hours and pretty much liquids the rest of the time.

With the daily variation, I'd say if I gain 3 lbs over my target weight then the process is out of control.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cont...AE%25A1%25E5%2588%25B6%25E5%259C%2596;520;244

The trendline for this says it's a loss of 0.13 lbs/day which means, according to my digital scale, that I lose about 2 lbs overnight and gain back (2-0.13) during the day.

I have not gotten any prettier losing this weight so my chance of being a Hollywood star is now hovering around 0.0. :(

Last edited:
It is what it is. If you want to loose weight, you have to change your lifestyle. Reduce calorie intake and increase activity. Me, the last couple years I haven't been as active with physical labor. So, I try and reduce second helpings, ice cream, pastries, even cut way down on yeast grain beverages and have managed to almost stay the same weight. Even cut out nondairy coffee creamer... That still sucks, but what can ya do?

Shame about you wanting to be a Hollywood starlet... ;)

And hang in there.

I must have hung in there. This morning I weighed a half pound more than I did when I was 18.

Now to eat slightly more food, mostly protein, since I've started lifting again.

Latest posts

Back