Fun Projects

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking that if he's going to make it 6X6, it would probably be just as economical to make it 7'8" by 7'8" to take advantage of the fact that plywood sheets come in 4X8 foot sizes and 2X4's are available in 8 foot lengths. Making it 6 X 6 is gonna result in more waste material.

Besides, if he makes it larger, he might have room to put a slot machine in there, too.

I'm thinking that if he's going to make it 6X6, it would probably be just as economical to make it 7'8" by 7'8" to take advantage of the fact that plywood sheets come in 4X8 foot sizes and 2X4's are available in 8 foot lengths. Making it 6 X 6 is gonna result in more waste material.

Besides, if he makes it larger, he might have room to put a slot machine in there, too.

Nestor, you're right 2x"s come in 8' setions, they also come in 12' peices. Cut 1 in half and you have a 6'. Rip a sheet of ply 2' to fill in the partial piece and you really have little waste.

Now insted of a slot machine I'm thinking hot tub, but thats just me....

Me thinks 6x6 would be better. Heated toilet seat? A/C in the back wall? Sound system?

If you made it 8X8, you'd have room for a bar and a small dance floor.

People would come in to use the toilet and stay till closing at 2:00 AM.

Last edited:
On t.v I once saw an out house made out of one way glass! BTW, It was in the middle of a city next to a busy street. From inside it looked like you were doing your business inside a glass box.:D

I'm thinking that the street hookers and neighborhood drug dealers could probably make use of a one way glass hut like that.

SJN:

Why not build some one way glass windows into your outhouse?

I'm thinking you'd probably need interior lighting inside the outhouse even if the whole thing was made of one way glass. I'm thinking that's because MOST of the outside light would be reflected back to the outside, so it should be dark inside an outhouse made of one way glass.

Last edited:
We could make it a lot simpler if we just put a 5 gal. bucket and a roll of toilet paper out by the barn.

Yeah, you could just sit a bucket out by the barn, but remember, a camel is a horse designed by a committee.

So where do the schematics from the donkey fit in??

Are we still talkin bout an outter house? Cause I just have an old throne out in the woods.....just don't ask me where it flushes to.:D

It's amazing where great ideas come from.

Just today I was driving down one of the highways going out of Winnipeg, when I noticed the car in the right lane in front of me had his left signal light on. So, I slowed down to let him into the left lane in front of me, but he didn't get into my lane. This guy must have driven about 5 miles with his left signal light on before finally turning right (without signalling).

And I thought "Eureka! What a great idea!"

I'm going to make a signal light controller that automatically alternates your left and right signal lights as soon as you start your car's engine. The idea is that your car's signal lights are flashing the whole time you're driving. So, it continuously signals both a right turn and a left turn at the same time, leaving all the drivers behind you uncertain as to what you might do. That way, you can swerve in any direction at any time without signalling, cuz everyone behind you is expecting that you could do anything at any time, and drive accordingly so as to avoid a collision whatever you do.

It adds a new dimension of "freedom" to driving.

I might finally get my Nobel Prize for this one.

Last edited:
Back