Hello people

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert01xj

Reaction score
My wife and i bought a "fixer upper" which most will call a "ripper downer".It is 108 years old and suffered from lack of up keep.I am a trucker who now has to be a "jack of all trades master off none".So far replaced first floor stringers and put in new osb.got the heater running now need to plumb the duct work.Did all new wiring and plumbing. also replaced a load baring wall that was built wrong 100 years ago.still so much to do and very little time.oh yeah i live in this nightmare.I just keep telling my self in the end it will be worth it.

Bert, welcome to House Repair Talk. Lots of good folks around here who are glad to be of help if we can. Besure to post some pics of what you are working on.

Welcome! I consider myself a Jack of all Trades as well.

My wife and i bought a "fixer upper" which most will call a "ripper downer".It is 108 years old and suffered from lack of up keep.I am a trucker who now has to be a "jack of all trades master off none".So far replaced first floor stringers and put in new osb.got the heater running now need to plumb the duct work.Did all new wiring and plumbing. also replaced a load baring wall that was built wrong 100 years ago.still so much to do and very little time.oh yeah i live in this nightmare.I just keep telling my self in the end it will be worth it.
It most certainly can be rewarding as you get the work done, sure I am sure you will come across headaces but look how much fun your having:)

Back