Happy "That Sucks" Day

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nestor_Kelebay

Emperor Penguin
Reaction score
In the United States, April 15th of every year is celebrated as National "That Sucks" Day.

I know I speak for all of Canada when I wish every American a happy and healthy National "That Sucks" Day.

Holidaypedia - National That Sucks Day

Canada has a similar commemorative day called "Go F**k Yourself" Day, but it's not for another few months.

The wealth of knowledge to be gleaned from this site is mind-boggling or at least, something very similar to that...

Titanic.... Taxes.... There is some sinister scheme here!

Thanks! I was just about to ask whether they celebrate That Sucks Day in Canada.

Brent:

Just Google "April 15" and "National That Sucks Day", both on the same line and both in quotes, and you'll find 266 web pages acknowledging April 15 to be the day officially designated for people in your country to recognize, reflect upon and ponder all things that really suck.

April 15th Declared ‘National Sucks Day’

I think the right way to look at this is: you guys need a National "That Sucks" Day as much as you need another "Day for the Homeless", or "Child Poverty Day", or "World Hunger Day" or any of the other official recognitions of ongoing problems that have always been with us and probably always will. After all, your pants zipper getting stuck when you have to pee can be as urgent and pressing a problem to the average person as a major world problem very far away like Malaria in Africa or nuclear weapons in Iran.

Last edited:
I think designation of days takes away from the signifigance of the thing that day is designed to celebrate/bring awareness to.

Just imagine if they didn't release the dates for Christmas until 48 hours prior. It would change the way we recognized it and would put an end to the commercialization of it. The ads would be great.
"Come buy presents... we're not sure for when... but do it." Steels the umph.

Yeah, and it would totally eliminate the ads reminding people that there are only 47 shopping days left till Christmas.

Last edited:
They would just have to change it up. "Still waiting to hear how many days till Christmas"

Back