College Kid Looking for Input

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StudentSurveyor

Reaction score
Hey,

I'll be honest, I just registered on this forum to find DIY painters to take a survey I made for my advertising campaigns class. It's super short(11 multiple choice questions), easy, and would help me out a ton if you guys could take it! I don't think I'm breaking the rules(not sure if surveys fall under soliciting), but if I am, feel free to delete this thread.

Link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6Z9BL9J

Picture of Corgi's running because they're awesome:
xDDDG.gif

If you're nice enough to take it it would be great if you could leave a comment stating so, so I can know if I got any responses(surveymonkey tells me, but there are other people with the link). Thanks again!

Speaking of surveys, what is your gender and age?

Now I'll be looking for
"Filler questions: it may help to include some irrelevant questions to mislead the respondent from the main purpose of the survey."

You wouldn't be working for Walmart, would you? :rolleyes:

You started out by saying "I be honest" that link should have been in your first post.
We are a sceptical bunch here. Good look;)

With this
"The lawsuits allege that the lead companies and their trade association conspired to conceal the dangers of lead-based paint, to mislead the public regarding the hazards, and to aggressively promote lead-based paint, despite their knowledge of its dangers. If the plaintiffs succeed in proving conspiracy, the lead companies will be jointly and severally liable for the damage, and the plaintiffs need not prove that a specific defendant’s paint is responsible for their damages. This would not be the first time the lead pigment industry would be found to have conspired against the public interest. In 1953, the Federal Trade Commission found that the lead pigment industry had violated federal law by conspiring to fix prices."
I guess the paint companies would have to prove that they were mislead by the lead companies. Pardon the pun.

Skeptical? I'm downright cynical, especially with elections coming up. :D

Last edited:
Federal Trade Commission found that the lead pigment industry had violated federal law by conspiring to fix prices."
Is that big government interfearing in free enterprize.:p

Federal Trade Commission found that the lead pigment industry had violated federal law by conspiring to fix prices."
Is that big government interfearing in free enterprize.:p
Almost always it's the other way around. It's called Regulatory Capture.

I know a lawyer who works at the FTC and I called him on some of the nonsense this agency does or does not do. He just looked embarrassed.

I also asked him if there was nothing that could not be accomplished by lying. He said NO! but he couldn't come up with anything that disproved that lying works.

Back