Hello from Sedalia, Colorado

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SedaliaSteve

Reaction score
I probably should have been active here long ago since I've been very busy on house repair for over a year and a half.

My then girlfriend and I bought a somewhat rundown house in a rural area near Sedalia Colorado last spring. It had been built in the early 70's an a beautiful hunk of land and had been a very nice house. The first summer was mainly painting and replacing trim - inside and out plus other patching. I put up a wall in the basement also.

This year, in preparation for our marriage, we worked on the landscape and continued the other projects. We tiled the living and dining rooms to replace some disgraceful carpet.

My mother-in-law liked our place enough to want to add an addition and she used a real contractor for it. It is essentially done but the contractor went bust just after it had failed final inspection. I've taken over on that, doing what I can and letting pros do things like fix the gas lines to code. Recently, I've changed out one window and did some framing. I'm retrimming a gas fireplace in the addition to meet code and might be ready for the inspection in a week or two.

I've told my wife that I need a rest after this before I do more projects since every weekend for ages has been house work.

When I feel up to it - the kitchen will be waiting. It has terrible formica and I'm thinking of redoing the counters with stone tile.

Once again, hello and glad to be here.

Steve

Welcome Steve:
I hope you had some retainer funds left when the contractor took off; it makes it a lot easier to hire someone to finish his poor work.
Paying by 1/3s helps a tremendous amount for this occasion, the last third comming after the final inspection.
Glenn

Back