New Home... July

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReD-DaWg-OnE

Reaction score
Hey guys nice forums you have here... i was looking for something just like this to help me with my new home. We opened escrow last week on our home and are scheduled to close at the start of July, there is a lot of stuff that has to be done before we can move in and just wanted your guys thoughts.

It is a two story house built in the late 80's and before we move in we are replacing all of the flooring, it is a bank owned home in need of a little work. We plan to do all hardwood floor downstairs and carpet on the stairs and upstairs. I want to do large Bamboo wood floors that are hand scraped in a darker color. I am hoping to be able to install it myself what should i expect to pay per sq ft?

Also we are going to be redoing the two upstairs bathrooms and thought the guest bath would be the best to redo first so we know what we are getting into and know what to change when it comes time to do the master bath.

Any suggestions that you guys have for what to look out for or ideas?

I will post some pictures after the inspection on Wednesday.

Thanks!
George

Welcome George:
Please accept my apology for the delayed answer. We are interested in your new home and helping you with it. Please do post the pictures you spoke of and let us know if we can still be of any help.
Glenn

Since this is your fist time to work in your new home as a beginner it is better to consult for a contractors so that the improving become successful. And if you are going to move your stuff and furniture I can help you.

Back