How can i reinforce my floors for a 1300lbs fish tank?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ooosparkeyooo

Reaction score
I live in a older trailor and it is aproximatly 14' X 14' in my bedroom and I have a 102 gallon aquarium on one side of the room. Its 7 feet long and the weight is distributed among 6 legs (4"x4" posts) from the stand.

On the other side of my bedroom I have a 30 gallon sitting on the build in dresser. I know I am close to 1000lbs probably way more just on my 102 gallon aquarium alone.

How can I reinforce the floor so it won't fall through by any chance.

All comments and help will be appriciated, also I'm not really good on any terms you may have as I'm an HVAC man, not carp.

All the weight would be on 96 sq. in. if it sit on the floor. If you sit all six legs on a sheet of plywood the weight would be distributed on 3000 sq. in.
Concrete blocks under the house to support the joist or joists supporting the aquarium.

You can support the one on the dresser in the same way.
I'm not a carpenter or an HAVC man but.....

dig right in from under. and put supports from gound to right under plywood. there is no way the joists will carry this load 10 lbs per emp. gallon 8 lbs per u.s. gallon I think

Back