Inside concrete corner cracking

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chatko

Reaction score
Hi guys,

(btw, if there is a problem with this post can a moderator please pm me? I've had to repost twice now )

I'm considering buy a home with a known issue. Namely, there is an inside corner in the basement that's cracked/weak and caused sinkage in one corner of the garage. We've been told that:

1. The home owner had a structural engineer evaluate and fix the inside corner. (patched/sealed and added two large/thick L brackets spanning the corner).

2. They redid the garage floor with some kind of synthetic material (not sure if they dug out the broken/sunk floor underneath).

I've taken some photos (sorry about poor lighting) of the inside corner fix and wanted to get your opinions on the fix before I proceed with home inspection etc. Have you ever seen this type of fix? Are inside corners a common weak point?

Thanks,

Chris

issue1.jpg

issue2.jpg

issue3.jpg

I answered this one already,
Get the report from the engineer, and call them to see if it was installed per their recommendations.
Been at it a long time, and this sure yells homeowner fix to me.

:agree: i'm w/d,,, i don't know ANY pro who'd do that type of repair w/that material !

think d's call'd it right on the nose - h/o OR , possibly, a structural wanna-be :eek:

Latest posts

Back