KitchenAid Burner Not Working

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jskjolda

Reaction score
I have a KitchenAid electric stove with the right front burner not working. It started a few weeks ago where the burner would go on sporadically. I noticed the light above the burner know which should be solid red to indicate the the burner was on and hot was blinking. I even heard a clicking sound.

Could it be the switch controlling the burner? If it is, how hard is it to replace?

My model is KESA907PSS09 It's about 7 years old.

I want to try and fix it myself; repair people are quoting unbelievable prices.

Thanks .... John

Hi,

Could be the switch, element, safety on the element, wiring to and from.....would have to be investigated.

how hard is it to replace?

Front cover must be accessed...not rocket science but can be troublesome.

Parts breakdown doesn't say which switch is for what elements....probably have to call and ask...

Surface-Element-Switch-9763760--00658597.jpg

Switch-inf Manufacturer Number 9763760

Switch-9763759-01024991.jpg

Switch-inf Manufacturer Number 9763759

jeff.

Gain access to the burner and inspect for broken element wire. That is the likely cause.

Gain access to the burner and inspect for broken element wire. That is the likely cause.
Blinking and clicking seems to give evidence in favor of it being the control.
Sometimes the parts people will tell you how much of each is sold, and this gives you some odds to work from.

BTW, it seems the cheapest parts are the least likely to fail. I guess that is the law of supply vs. demand at work. :p

The prices quoted are supposed to put the HO into the repair/replace dilemma, but I'd say newer stuff is less reliable because with computer aided design the maker can more precisely set when the thing will fail. Old functioning appliances are money losers for sellers.

Last edited:
With small parts like those, it can get a bit iffy replacing them. Suggest going to an electrician instead, rather than risking more damage.

Back