Leaky Kitchen Sink Drain

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbarnes1981

Reaction score
Ok so here's the basics. I bought a new house 3 years ago and have been having problems with my drain since then. The sink is stainless steel and the contractor installed a Chrome PVC drain in it. Within a year the sink was leaking. I removed and reinstalled the piece with new plumbers putty but that didn't last long either. I decided to got buy a stainless steel drain to go with the sink and installed it with putty around the seal and a washer on the bottom. That lasted a few months and then started leaking. I've spent the last three years trying to fix this and perfect it so that way I don't have to do it again. The drain is tight, does not have any give and the putty looks like its still completely around the rim of the drain. Does anyone have any suggestions short of me using silicone to fix this?

Welcome to the site. In this video the guy bens the flange on the bell to make it fit tighter.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY5IFLmjtJ0[/ame]

Back