Mitre saw issues cutting door trim

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyL

Reaction score
Hello. I'm using a hitachi c12fdh mitre saw when cutting trims to replace around doorways. When I put the two cut pieces together, they are about a 1/16" off. One cut is longer than the other. I have the saw tightened to exactly 45 degrees on each side according to the ruler strip on the base of the saw. Is there something I can adjust on the saw to correct this.
The laser light also doesn't line up, but I don't need to use that. Is there, however, any way to adjust this as well.
Appreciate any advice.

Joey, how did you have your trim laying when you made your cuts?

Oh, and welcome to House Repair Talk!

Thank you. I have the trim (2-1/4") laying flat and cut it at the 45 degree mark.

Unplug the saw and check that the blades is square to the fence, when set for a sqaure cut. The fence is usually adjustable. If the fence is out 1/2 degree, you will have side cutting at 44.5 and the other side cutting at 45.5. When you have it right you should be able to cut a 2x4 at 45 degrees, flip one end over to make a perfect 90, just check that with a square.

Latest posts

Back