plumbing problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayree

Reaction score
Hi -- I'm new to this so let me know if I'm in the wrong place for a question.
:confused:
I have a problem with the cold water flow on a single handle faucet. It flows slowly for a few seconds and then cuts off with a thunking sound. The hot water is fine, but if I move the handle over to cold it just thunks and stops.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Mayree

Welcome Mayree

You either have something in the water line clogging up faucet or you have bad seals in the faucet.

First start by trying to unclog it
-Unscrew water supply line home fully its a flex line from valve
-Put the end in bucket and turn the faucet on. move the faucet around until you get max. flow out of the water line.
- Put it back together and test.

If it still does not work you will either have to rebuild the fauce or get a new one. Normally i would just tell you replace the faucet. As long as you get one with a matching drain. they install in 15mins and a descent one starts at only $40. but It sounds like you may have a moen. they are easy to rebuild. so its up to you.

yes i agree with him but when doing this make sure you turn the value off ok but you best bet is to replace the faucet ok

Welcome Mayree:
Turn the supply lines off, take the top of the faucet off, cup your hand over the faucet and turn the cold water back on just a little. That should blow any obstruction out of the faucet. You will also find small neoprene rubber floating gaskets with springs in them. Replacing those may make all the difference.
Glenn

Back