Galvanized pipe what should I do

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattk

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me. At my house there is a big old television antenna attatched to a 12 foot galvanized pipe up aganst the house that is then cemented into the ground what do I use to get rid of ot its a 1.5 inch pipe but its up against the brick. I was also wodering if a cast iron chain cutter would bust through the galvanized pipe and if so how much do they cost to rent.

Use a cutoff wheel on a grinder ,like from harbor freight for a cheap $20 one.
Or if you have a sawzall just get a metal blade.
A skillsaw can also cut this if you buy a cutoff blade, just wear eye and clothing protection, the sparks will fly!!
The cast chain breaker will do nothing.
Good luck.
:welcome:

The cut off blade is a great way to cut off something like that. Two words of caution, One as inspectorD said wear eye protection the sparks realy fly Two with the cut off wheel it tends to pinch as it cuts through and jerk the grinder out of your hands.
Cheap old fashion way Hack saw, a standard one if you have room to saw or a close quaters one either way it will only take a few minutes to cut ff by hand. Don't press hard when sawing let the blade do the work.

Sawzall is the best tool for this job with a 6" fine tooth metal cutting blade.

Latest posts

Back