replacing the kitchen and bathroom vinyl and some other questions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gghrt000

Reaction score
This is for my major renovation project on my condo build in 1990. I am looking to replace the kitchen and bathroom vinyl floor as it has messed up look. However I am not sure of the sequence related to other jobs.
Currently I am also looking to replace the bathroom tab and do the entire condo a carpet flooring.

So my question is does vinyl floor in the kitchen usually go under the kitchen floor cabinets? If so, I can imagine it will be a major project and might just ended up replacing the cabinets at the same time. However I sold my stove today and once it is removed the vinyl floor did not extend under the stove. So I imagine it did not extend under the cabinets either. I will put a picture next time in this thread.

Once I install the vinyl newly is it advisable to extend new installed vinyl under the stove and freezer?

Should I install the vinyls before the installing the carpets?

If I replace the bathtub do you think, should I do the vinyl replacement first before replacing the bathtub?

Thanks.,

It's fine to leave the cupboards in place and you should put it under stove fridge and dishwasher If you are adding plywood underlayment check that the dishwasher is adjustable enough to still fit.
Usually the tub goes in a new house at time of rough in and never has finished floor under it. But I don't see a problem if it run a few inches under the edge of the tub.

Latest posts

Back