General overhaul...ongoing(pix!!!)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well people. I am truely sorry. I said I would update and a year and a half later I havnt done it. We have done a metric 5 tons of work since my last update, and you guys seriously need some update pics. I promise I will get the house all cleaned up and post some pics of its current condition.

Ryleigh is now 20 months old, and talking up a storm, shes also going to be a supermodel, shes cute as a button and nearly 3ft tall at 20 months.

Wife and I have had some rough places to get through in our life, but so far we are doing ok, nearly gave it all up last summer, but we pulled through.

We are both in college now full time via the Post 9/11 GI Bill. The Army acctually pays us to go to school. And, I gained 50 lbs..great. Got a different much more powerful truck, got her a new vehicle, the bike will be customized this spring, and the mustang now has a 450hp 331 stroker awaiting installation.

I also built my first piece of real furniture. It is a stand and canopy for my huge saltwater fish tank. I will make a seperate thread about that, and post lots of pics there for you all to drool over. I am quite happy with the way it turned out.

Update soon. I promise!! Granite girl we payed 80k for everything before the reno started.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.
Glad to hear things are working out for you and your family.

Looks like it may be a slab home. No sheathing should ever be within 6" of the ground or waters going to rot out the bottom plates, sheathing mold up the insulation and come inside the home. There should have been at least one row of block before the walls were built.
French drains and gutters would sure help.

Sorry to hear about your recent problems but you did an awesome job. I respect the hard work!

Good luck, can't wait to see the never ending finished product.

Back