Help with patio/florida room enclosure

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tribble

Reaction score
We've recently bought a house where a patio was built on the back. I think it looks rather amateurish the way it was finished and wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to do to make it looked more professional and finished.

newhouse9.jpg

Other than the exposed light fixtures, I would say that it looks very nice.

Thanks. Maybe it is the panelling I don't care for. Paneling just reminds me of the 70s and avacado appliances and burnt orange shag.:)

Some decent track lighting to replace the fixtures would be nice.

Tribble, in my opinion there is to much of the same color. The ceiling blends into the wall. The walls blend into the floor. There is no definition of space. I think if you would change the paneling color and then change the carpet to a different color or even tile, it would make a better visual statement. Room size is great and I hope you enjoy it. Adding furniture will also help.

But thats just my :2cents:

And congrats on the house!

first thing I would do is loose the florescent tubes. The space cries out for ceiling fans!

The other thing I don't like is the ceiling. I don't know how the structure is built but if possible I would replace it with drywall. I like the paneling, if you don't you could paint it or also replace that with drywall.

As for all the aluminum - I don't like that look but it is what it is. I wouldn't go to the trouble of painting it. I think the carpet is fine.

Thanks everyone.

I did some playing around in photoshop. Im not that good at it at all but you get the idea.

A bluish slate floor and the rest white with 2 -3 celing fans. Ceiling would be drywalled and white also.

floridaroomslate-and-white.jpg

screenroomssmall.jpg

I dont think it looks bad at all, add a couple ceiling fans some furniture and some plants and your good to go, maybe add some recesed lighting or even a wood or stone flooring.

Ohh nice.. That Patio looks good on the edits! :D Very nice work... :)

The hanging exposed light fixtures should be fixed for a more professional looking. The ceiling fan looks good on that as well as the chair and tables.

Now that I see a different pic, I realize that the paneling is too high (4ft. instead of 2ft.). The ceiling fans would be a nice touch too.

Back