The new guy, Square Eye

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Square Eye

Reaction score
Hi, my real name is Tom,

I'm a contractor in Kentucky. I've been posting on a couple of other groups and have found one I like,, and one, I'm not so fond of. The idea of a moderated forum is not a bad thing. Not many people want to be flamed. The subjects look interesting here and the posts are polite and helpful. I'm 40, I have a son about to turn 4. I have a wife and a daughter. My daughter's favorite tool is a block plane. My son's favorite tool is an egg-beater drill. I have a modest shop in the back yard. I'm capable of building one big set of kitchen cabinets or two small sets at a time out there. Plenty of room for a big old mess! Maybe things will slow down enough to give me time to clean up and reorganize,,I hope not. Gotta stay busy!

Tom

Welcome Tom! My name is Paul and I live in Marshalltown, Iowa. I work as a general handy man doing electrical, plumbing and woodworking.

Looks like a nice place here!

Yeah paul,

It's kind of slow, but it's not hostile.

I'm in a small town pop. 650. I drive to the work (wherever I find it), 15 to 50 miles a day. The local economy is not enough to support my habits, getting paid, depositing money in my account, etc.

It's nice to meet you Paul, I'm sure we'll see each other a lot.
Tom

:cool: I would like to say hi to everyone.I'm from ST.LOUIS MO. and I sell, repair, and install carpet.I have installed for about 20 years and I'm C.F.I. CERTIFIED I run my own bussiness.I do a lot of repair and restretching, there tends to be enuff bad carpet installers out there to keep me busy for a while.If any one has any questions feel free to e-mail me, answers are allways free. Nick G.

Back