shower curb and door. need help please!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j723n91

Reaction score
i was told to slope the shower curb towards the drain.... (attached picture to show what i mean)

if that is true... i dont understand how the shower door is supposed to be installed upright.

If there is a slope on the curb, the shower door would be installed NOT perpendicular to floor but rather at an angle due to the curb slope.

Can someone explain to me if i have this concept wrong or if there is a way to fix it?

shower.PNG

The slope is so that splashed or directed water is, by flow directed toward the drain. However, that slope need not be so dramatic as to affect the sweep at the bottom of the door, which should have a deflector causing the water flowing down the door to be directed away, instead of dripping off the glass directly onto the damn.

Thanks for the reply! Also, i should have been more clear but my door is a sliding glass door.

does this make any difference?
and if not, what should the pitch of the curb be?

As neal said, however that also can be affected by the placement of the shower head/s as well as other devices who's use could cause that slope to be over-topped.

Back