Metallic Decking Vs Wood Decking

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvcr

Reaction score
Which one do you prefer and why?
Do you like the low maintenance that the metallic decking brings or do you still prefer to own the old fashioned wooden deck?

I think I'll go for wood for the conventional home. :)

Which one do you like the best?

Wood! I like all wood decks, I think they look nicer. Metallic are probabably pretty easy to maintain though

I like wood better, it looks nice and more natural. Unless there is a need for a metal deck (something that lasts longer) then I would rather prefer that. There are ways to make a metal deck look better though (carpets, fake wood prints, ect.)

Definitely wood decking - always wood. In a small corner of the garden - out of the way where no one can see it.

I like wood better because it looks nice and more natural but metal gets too hot and slippery.

I will be building a deck next summer and have not made up my mind what material to with yet. I am pretty sure it will not be metal though I stepped bare footed on a metal deck once and only once and never want to do that again. also I am not sure about wood either because I am still considering all the options.

This stone decking system is interesting. see Paverdeck on youtube. They claim an unlimited lifespan without any required maintenance.

Back