Office pranks

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakuda

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good ideas for harmless office pranks?

All of the desks in my classroom were upside down when I came in this morning. I need to get the secretary back.

Post it notes?

IMG_0032.JPG

THat one is not bad. I'd have to buy my own post-its because I would feel bad using the school's.

I've seen offices filled with balloons. Party streamers tacked to the ceiling. Completely moving everything out. Anything really good like your desk would be lots of work.

Some of my favorite pranks involve office computers.
At one facility where I was employed in their maint. department I did a lot of their network wiring...
Needless to say being tight with the IT person helps a lot with these pranks...

Set this picture up to be her screensaver picture... :eek:

BSODInfamousSlide.jpg

The look on her face will be priceless!

Last edited:
I already did the classic take a photo of the desktop, set that image as your wallpaper, hide the icons and taskbar. She was confused for 10 minutes. She just thought the computer froze. I like that one.

I already did the classic take a photo of the desktop, set that image as your wallpaper, hide the icons and taskbar. She was confused for 10 minutes. She just thought the computer froze. I like that one.

Thats another good one but the blue screen of death brings out an increased pucker factor...

Another good one is if the IT person upon seeing the blue screen wheels up with an old clunker of a pc and pretends that the victim will have to use that while theirs is being repaired...

"Do you remember how windows 98 works????" LOL

A few years back, I exchanged a guy's telephone handset for a zucchini. I even plugged the wire into the end.

Also pulled off several of the keys and swapped them on the keyboard (guy was not a touch typist).

Put an opened can of sardines waaaay to the back of the top drawer.

I little bit of this soaked on a rag tucked behind a desk drawer works well...

W6302_85494.jpg

Last edited:
I once had a co worker drive around for 3 days with one of these on his bumper before finding it....

MikeTrubigsBumperSticker.jpg

A while back I worked at a place where they served coffee in styofoam cups during coffee break. A small vial of brake kleen poured into the cup while they weren't looking yielded interesting results...

Mainly when they picked up the cup the bottom of the cup stayed on the table...:D

It usually surprised them...

Change the year on her PC to 2015...
The days of the week are the same but it may yield interesting results on documents for a while until noticed...

This was a prank we pulled on one of the guys at our firehouse...
We jacked the drive axle of his new car up and blocked it about 1/4" off the ground...

For ome reason he had a perplexed look on his face when he tried to leave and it didn't move....

I bet by now some of you are saying you never want to work with me... lol

way back when i worked at a small family-owned boat dealership ( i was the only one not related) i rigged the chair and desk in the small office, it was a 10 x 10 office with glass frontage, and every morning the routine was the same, the secretary would walk in, set her coffie down, pull out the chair and sit down. i had took about 7-10 of those "pull" firecrackers (had a string on each end) tied one set of strings to the desk leg and the other ends got tied to the chair leg. i took up a spot where i could watch and sure enough, glad she sat the coffie down. there was a stream of expectives, followed by my name. i was laughing so hard i couldnt play dumb. when i asked how it was known it was me, i was told the others (all related ,remember) wouldnt have dared. its still funny , even after 15 years.

Find their paperclips and connect tham all together. It will drive them nuts.

Back