Changing up the back yard.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any up here and I think it should be law. Everything runs into the storm system and every subdivion on hill side has a mosquito pond to control the run off. When every house should have a cistern under the garage floor for watering lawns. They think nothing of have an ejector pump so they can take a pee in the basement.

Here it is against the law to collect rain water for irrigation. You must let it go to the ocean.

I didn't realize rainwater harvesting was an issue till now. i did a quick search and found this: http://www.enlight-inc.com/blog/?p=1036

I haven't verified info here, but it was the most complete of the info that I found.

Also saw a mention that the problem with modern cisterns is the plastic that is used leaches into the water and may be toxic downstream.....

I didn't realize rainwater harvesting was an issue till now. i did a quick search and found this: http://www.enlight-inc.com/blog/?p=1036

I haven't verified info here, but it was the most complete of the info that I found.

Also saw a mention that the problem with modern cisterns is the plastic that is used leaches into the water and may be toxic downstream.....

Toxic for the lawn??

I can't quote exactly, and 'toxic' is a word that kind of sets off alarms in people; but the poster was saying that the leached chemicals accumulate as they move downstream...and the first stop may be your lawn. I imagine that in an area where there are lots of plastic cisterns, there could be some concern - enough to get local government involved.

I can't quote exactly, and 'toxic' is a word that kind of sets off alarms in people; but the poster was saying that the leached chemicals accumulate as they move downstream...and the first stop may be your lawn. I imagine that in an area where there are lots of plastic cisterns, there could be some concern - enough to get local government involved.

If they are the people selling water.

Picked up the fake grass today for the back yard. Boy did that cost a pretty penny.

It's warrantied for it. They said it can be installed on the sun.

My folks installed that turf and never had a problem except when I would vacuum the dirt off of it, the black granules, which are designed to separate the blades, got sucked away.

You can replace those with sand my guy said. I will have a bunch left over if you want them.

They are rubber pieces and you mix them with sand. You can use straight sand and it will feel cooler but will be slightly more maintenance.

I bought the best they had on the market which will be replaced by the new best next week I'm sure.

Of course no one will warranty the install which us usually the pain part. I bet they would do whatever possible not to warranty the grass.

Back