DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > HVAC > Whats this pump?

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:37 PM  
nealtw
Contractor retired

Liked 3054 Times on 2673 Posts
Likes Given: 5050

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud16415 View Post
Well I cleaned up that little pump unit and it is working fine. I took a half gallon of water about the amount it holds between cycles and filled it up thru the second inlet and it took off and pumped that water out in maybe 20 seconds at most seemed like 10 I didnít time it but it was quick. The tube leading out of the house is run along with the exhaust so it stays warm all winter when the furnace runs.

I moved my dehumidifier closer to it and cut an old garden hose to about five foot long and ran it between the dehumidifier and the fill of the pump. Testing it right now to see if this setup will save me going up and down the stairs with a bucket.

If it overloads the pump all it will do is overflow so I should be able to see if it works. Going to let it run a while and see if I can figure out how much flow Iím getting.

Only one way to find out is try it. I have been told if I mess that furnace up my *** is grass and she is the lawnmower. If it works Iím going to hear how many years she lugged water up the stairs. I canít win on this one.
I wonder if that would work to pump water out of a rain barrow to water plants up on the deck.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:51 PM  
bud16415
Fixer Upper
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1579 Times on 1206 Posts
Likes Given: 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtw View Post
I wonder if that would work to pump water out of a rain barrow to water plants up on the deck.
Mine is doing about 6í of lift without a problem. So far it seems like it will work doing furnace and dehumidifier. Normally it sits all summer now it can run a few times each day.

Just wire it with a switch and every gallon or so let it rest I bet it would do your plants fine.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:22 PM  
nealtw
Contractor retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud16415 View Post
Mine is doing about 6í of lift without a problem. So far it seems like it will work doing furnace and dehumidifier. Normally it sits all summer now it can run a few times each day.

Just wire it with a switch and every gallon or so let it rest I bet it would do your plants fine.
Right now she fills, well not right now but she fills a watering can to water her 20 or 40 plants. I ran a 1/4" line but that to slow and a full sized hose would be more trouble. I have been looking at those drill pumps but they look like junk. And then there are fountain pumps.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:02 PM  
tuffy
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtw View Post
Right now she fills, well not right now but she fills a watering can to water her 20 or 40 plants. I ran a 1/4" line but that to slow and a full sized hose would be more trouble. I have been looking at those drill pumps but they look like junk. And then there are fountain pumps.
On all of my wife's plants I used drip irrigation hooked up to a timer took some time to get the timer adjusted but in all it was worth it . just a thought.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:41 PM  
nealtw
Contractor retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy View Post
On all of my wife's plants I used drip irrigation hooked up to a timer took some time to get the timer adjusted but in all it was worth it . just a thought.
Yeah did that then the next time I was there she had re arranged the plants which apparently happens often.