Bar Top

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorn407

Reaction score
OK so I get the frame and plywood top finished. Now I move on to the "finished" top. I'm going with the 2 1/4 by 3/4 I'm looking for a rustic look. what do you use to sucure the top to the plywood base?

Glue?

Finish nailer?

I for one have no clue what it is your trying to do. Not sure how your going to get rustic looking counter top is you used plywood. Not sure what type of frame you talking about.
A picture or two would sure help us out.
I'd never attach it from the top, I'd do it from the bottom so nothing shows.

i dont mean to be a butt here, but i dont really understand what your project is ,could you explain the question better,i would love to help

in the topic rick bar you will see that he has a plywood top then on top of that he is putting 2 1/4 by 3/4 flooring strips. My question is how is it secured? Id love to inclose pictures but I have nothing to show as of post time. I have eveything on paper but nothing is built yet.

in the topic rick bar you will see that he has a plywood top then on top of that he is putting 2 1/4 by 3/4 flooring strips. My question is how is it secured? Id love to inclose pictures but I have nothing to show as of post time. I have eveything on paper but nothing is built yet.

That type of flooring system is a tongue and groove application. It is nailed through the male end of the joint. Its usually installed with a flooring nailer that you hit with a hammer and it activates the air powered nailer.

Back