plugged-in lighting fixture for bathroom?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theayale

Reaction score
I totally agree with my mother when she said that the light fixtures in my bathroom in my apartment is not really appropriate, or let's say its really nice to look at. Since I am in rental, any replacing of decors or furnitures is prohibited. So is there a lighting fixture that comes with a cord so I just have to plugged it in? I think a one bulb lighting type will do.

All replies would be highly appreciated.

Well .... I usually ask forgiveness instead of permission. Since lighting fistures are so easy to replace, I would trash the old one and spring for the cost of a new one that you plan on leaving in the unit when you leave. I never left a rental that I had not significantly improved "just because."

Take some pics and re-post. If you can't do it yourself, ask around. Replacing a light fixture is one of the easiest things there is to do IF YOU FOLLOW SAFETY STEPS! ;)

So do you all mean I can buy this lighting right there and just install the cord? How much would I pay for that?

A lamp that has a cord on it will have a protected place where the wires are connected. These lights all have an open back and is ment to mount in front of a box where the wires can be connected. Any of these lights would have to be changed to have a clamp system for the cable and have a back installed.
I agree with Villa, just change the fixture and keep the old one for when you move out.

Maybe I really should hire an electrician to do this work. If I had to really change the fixtures. Thank you for all the replies. I would be back when I got problem installing my fixtures.

Back