Searching for water meter parts

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smookedtrout

Reaction score
I have a very old 5/8" water meter and I am trying to find anyone who may have the 'round read' (pointer) register for these units OR leads as to who may have the same.

I have been searching on the Internet but I have mostly only been finding requests for quotes, news releases of large deployments of new Neptune meters, or other articles of that nature.

I can't speak for the rest of the nation but, a water meter connected to a municipal water supply is the responsibility of the municipality (i.e.- Dept. of Public Works a.k.a. DPW). Mine was making a knocking noise and sounded like a sewing machine when using high volume items like the washing machine or toilet. All I had to do was call my local DPW and they came out and replaced it - no charge.

I can't speak for the rest of the nation but, a water meter connected to a municipal water supply is the responsibility of the municipality (i.e.- Dept. of Public Works a.k.a. DPW). Mine was making a knocking noise and sounded like a sewing machine when using high volume items like the washing machine or toilet. All I had to do was call my local DPW and they came out and replaced it - no charge.

Absolutely right! :D That's a very good point kok328! :agree:

Back