Low water pressure in shower

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yanksfan59

Reaction score
Recently replaced a moen shower faucet cartridge (1225) that was leaking. The leak has now been fixed however now I'm only getting about half the water pressure I was previously getting. I took it all apart and made sure there was any blockage, and put it back together but same result. Thought maybe I had a bad cartridge so I bought a new one and installed that...but again same issue, low water pressure. I also replaced the shower head and that wasn't it. Any ideas?

Not the shower head as I even put the old one which had a great flow on and it also had low pressure. Is it possible to get two bad cartridges?

Yeah...just that particular shower and ever since I changed the faucet cartridge due to the old one leaking. I'm tempted to reinstall the old cartridge and put up with the leaking just so I could have decent pressure again.

+1

Call Moen.

With all the new water restrictions, they are putting quite a few things in these new assemblies to get the water flow down. Wouldn't be surprised if the new one had some sort of limiting device or set screw.

I would swap the old one back in just to know 100% that the problem was in the cartridge and then would call Moen. There is always the chance I guess that when you took one in or out that something got in and blocked the port. Putting the old one in and having more flow would rule that out.

I know they are messing around with water savings as WW pointed out but I can’t see them changing a replacement part from the original. But then again nothing would surprise me.

Back