need to fit garden hose end to either of faucets

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gghrt000

Reaction score
I purchased a garden hose to do a cleaning and spraying job around a balcony a while ago but since I live in a condo not house having some hard time finding a water outlet to use it. I tried to find some adapter from kitchen area but it does not extend all the way around the balcony so my best choice seem to be a bathroom which is right next to a balcony. However none of the faucets in the bathroom will fit wondering if there is any solution available...???

There are adapters that fit the threads that hold the screen on the end of the faucet. Kitchen sinks attach portable dishwashers that way. I just converted an old claw foot tub to make it a shower using a diverter connected to and adapter. I don't know for sure what you need but take the end off your faucet and find someone at the plumbing area at one of the home improvement stores and tell them what you want to do. There is always someone around that knows plumbing. If they play dumb ask for the expert.

The other thing you could do is tee into the cold line under the sink and make a connection there.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Callmevilla has got you covered but, if you can, you can always attach the hose to the bottom of your water heater.

However none of the faucets in the bathroom will fit wondering if there is any solution available...???

There is always that thing called a mop and bucket (maybe a scrub brush or stiff broom). If you have an upstairs unit, be sure to give the neighbors a courtesy call before you start splashing.

Take a photo of the supply lines under the bathroom sink with a couple fittings you can have a hose bib under there too.

Thanks guys. It is just one story unit and bottom. It turned out that the bathroom sink's end is removable so I used the pliers to break free and screwed it off. this looks promising I all let you guys know how it went.

Any hardware, Lowes or HD will have that adaptor in the plumbing area in those small plastic bins.

And with the adaptor and a 6" length of hose with mating female coupling, you can clear out drains before you try the chemical or snake option. You may need several adaptors that mate to different aerator threading. Pack a rag around the hose as a gasket.

Any hardware, Lowes or HD will have that adaptor in the plumbing area in those small plastic bins.

I got one at my local ACE Hardware for less than 10 bucks. I hook it up to the downstairs shower to wash my dog who has trouble getting in and out of the tub.

thanks guys, I got exatly the adapter i think it had 15/16 on the faucet side and the other end fit the hose like the bill. So other day, i was able to plug into bathroom sink with ease and sprayed clean my balcony. The adapter was specially designed to plug dishwasher and washer unit to 15/16 faucet in place its aerator. Thanks!

Back