Compressor Does Not Run

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panabiker

Reaction score
My Goodman central AC stopped working, and no air flow. I found the fuse on the control board blown. After replacing the fuse, the control board LED came on and the furnace/evaporator fan would turn on when it should. However, the condenser still won't turn on. I check the 24v into the compressor contactor and the voltage is zero. When I traced the same wires back to the control board, the voltage across the terminals is also zero. Now I'm think even after the fuse was replaced, the problem that blew the fuse may still exist although the fuse is intact and the small transformer puts out about 27 vAC.

Any idea what may be the problem? By the way, the LED is on and not flashing any trouble code.

Edited Aug 6,2011:
Problem solved. A loose wire in the thermostat, which probably caused blown fuse earlier. Everything works now. Thanks.

Last edited:
Edited Aug 6,2011:
Problem solved. A loose wire in the thermostat, which probably caused blown fuse earlier. Everything works now. Thanks.

Good to hear. It's too hot outside for you to not have AC!

Back