Maximize Water Heater?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the days of the "frivolous law suit" is over.

I'm not so sure. There are still a lot of stupid suits being filed and tried. Jury's are picked so that the outcome will suit whoever is picking them. I never understood that mantality.

Things have a long way to go to get back to sanity in the court system.

For instance, my Son has a wooden privacy fence. The ethnic neighbor who likes to lean all kinds of junk up against it is asking my Son to fix the fence because it's starting to fall down (DUH!) quit putting junk up against it. So the neighbor calls the County Code Inforcement, now my son has to take pictures and go before a board to prove his innocence. Does any of that make sense. I think not!

I think the days of the "frivolous law suit" is over. I think judges are realizing that awarding large amounts for "emotional distress" or "pain and suffering" had the effect of promoting frivolous law suits and encouraging people to "frame" a company in order to launch a law suit. It got to the point where people were planting human fingers in their own food in order to sue a company and get a huge out of court settlement for the "emotional distress" they suffered knowing they almost engaged in canibalism or whatever. You no longer have a court system, you have a lottery system; the more emotional distress you can pretend to have endured, the higher the cash payout.

Whoa you think something major has happened in the 22 days since the $750,000 judgement in the scalding case...

I think you are sadly mistaken!

In the US there is a jury selection process where they systematically reject every juror that has an IQ higher than a turnip...

We actually have a comedy channel called Court TV.

Latest posts

Back