Name this weed

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwoloshyn

Reaction score
I have this weed that's taking over my lawn and I'd like to treat it with something this spring. Can anyone suggest a fertilizer or tell me what type of weed this is?

153v387.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that stuff is Dollar Weed.

Kind of looks like Creeping Charlie. You'll need to use 2-4d to kill it.

Most fertilizer companies will have some fertilizer with 2-4d added. Just look for it.

On the other hand, I've had far more success with a sprayer.

Looks like Creeping Charlie to me too. Last house had tons of it and never quite could get rid of it but I wasn't as aggressive as I should have been.

Best time to spray is in October but second best time is Spring when it's flowering. Get good spray (it's resistant to many).

Yes that's Creeping Charlie, if you will google it you will find it out, i had these type of weeds in my garden last year i just called the service of Gardeners they used some type of sprays over it and took it off then i didn't see any of them..
here is another pic of it

091.jpg

that's creeping charlie for sure. i never treated mine. i just kept my grass cut real short to avoid it!

Yup....Creeping Charlie for sure. Grows where I don't want it to. Tried pulling some of it up by the roots to re-plant on slight hills to prevent or deter erosion....didn't take.

that's creeping charlie for sure. i never treated mine. i just kept my grass cut real short to avoid it!

Same here lol. I never really would have classified it as a weed either, but I guess thats what it is.

yeah- creeping charlie. i looked it up online to make sure.

"While often thought of as a weed because of its propensity for spreading, Glechoma has culinary and medicinal uses which were the cause of its being imported to America by early European settlers. The fresh herb can be rinsed and steeped in hot water to create an herbal tea which is rich in vitamin C. It has a distinctive, mildly peppery flavor; it can be cooked as a pot herb, although it is most commonly eaten as a fresh salad green.[6]..."

thanks, Wikipedia!

Latest posts

Back