Staining cinderblock sides of raised concrete slab patio

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking back to see if any replies to my last post yet and to add photos....Still wondering about my previous questions if anyone can help. It would be nice to get the color right and seal before winter if we get another nice day, but will wait if that's best.
As you can see in the photo, it just turned out a little too orange for me. I mixed 2 colors trying to get it right, and it looks ok, but what can I say.....I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
(Compare back to my previous photo and you'll see that it does look 110% better though!)
Thanks for all the good advice (and for letting me know about Quikwall ERNDOG!):beer:

LBC Computer Use from Planner 067.jpg

LBC Computer Use from Planner 063.jpg

Why not add a closly matching colored tile over the block.
Stain will do nothing to cover the block lines and morter and will not come out even in color due to the differant colors below it.

Yay it's spring! Finally time to finish this project! Joecaption - Not sure if you'll respond after all this time, but I'm about to go ahead with trying to correct my orangish color quickrete and just saw your post about stain not covering the block lines or coming out even in color due to different colors below it.......Did you see my pics on the post just before yours? There are no longer block lines because I covered the blocks with tinted quickrete. My question now is the best product for the job? I really don't want to use an actual paint vs stain if I don't have to. It seems to me, since the quickrete has kind of a rough surface, that a paint that will actually sit on to and not penetrate will act as more of a sealer, not allowing it to breathe as well as be more likely to peel over time. A stain, however, should allow it to breathe and soak in hence be less likely to peel over time. My concern with that is that there is an area where the color is just a little different after having to make a second batch to finish the job. It's in an inconspicuous area, but I'm still hoping that if I do a couple of coats of a stain, it may get to be less noticeable as I add coats?
Any suggestions on the best product to use?
Thanks again for all of the help throughout this project.

Latest posts

Back