Electric Stove Replacement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanigator

Reaction score
I have previously posted a question here on how to replace the contacts for the stove heads. However, the contacts malfunction quite frequently b/c of the quality of the stove (or lack off), and I'm thinking of replacing them. I have noticed that a lot of the stoves these days include self-cleaning features. Would that mean I no longer have to replace the elements and contacts?

Hello Stanigator:
There should be an appliance repair parts store in your city, where you can buy new burners and contacts. I don't think the self-cleaning option has anything to do with making burners or contacts last longer, sorry.
Glenn

My point is that the new burners and contacts are replaced much more often than I would've liked. I'm wondering about any guides on buying a new stove that would need to have those items replaced less often.

Hello Stanigator:
My mistake, it is entirely possible that a new range of higher quality won't burn out the burners nearly as often. The self cleaning feature could be a big help too; I have noticed burnouts on an electric range seem to be associated with a lot of corrosion, perhaps caused by caustic cleaning agents.
Consumer's Report does independent testing such as this and reports on the results. Only thing is, it requires a subscription but you get it in print and on the internet. My subscription has paid for itself several times over.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back