Noisy Window

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house92

Reaction score
I have a mystery that I hope someone can help me with. Our house is about 5 years old, and once in a blue moon our bedroom window makes a strange noise, mostly at night. It sounds somewhat like a bee that is trapped and buzzing around. The sound is not often constant, but in spurts. Last night, however, it was constant for a while and then went to spurts. It was louder than ever too. I got up and it sounded like the noise was coming from within the window frame. I pushed and banged on the frame and it seemed to change it a little, but nothing major.

We have vinyl double pane windows. Is it possible that the window, wood, or insulation could be expanding and contracting, or pressure building up for some reason. I'm puzzled.

I lived in a house a long time ago that had aluminum windows that buzzed whenever the wind blew and the storms were down. You may want to experiment with the storm windows or screens.

Good Day CraigFL
we've moved in to our new location in July, this place has been recently renovated completely.
We've got the same problem so i took off the vinyl filled the empty space with spray foam cut the vinyl a fraction smaller than the window frame and it seems it solved the problem.
most likely it was pressured in @ installation and when their was wind r something it was rubbing on each other were the noise was created
Good Luck
Eric

Back