noise / sound issues comming from 2nd floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cagomez

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here. I just wanted to get opinions on the best way to approach a noise/sound issues comming from the second floor.

I have been reading a lot, but it is confussing. Some people recommend products like roxul, quietrock or green glue, others cork insulayment and I can keep going on and on. I understand there might be more than one answer and more than one way to solve the issue but what are the real life, the ones that people implement and actually work for the issue??

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

I am assuming you have a apartment above you and you want to muffle the noise you hear from above. We have had customers order underlayment and stick it to the ceiling but I have never heard back from them on how successful this is. The best method which probably isn't practical is to insulate better between the floors or put a thicker pad under the carpet on the second floor if they have carpet.

You could try putting something on the ceiling to absorb the noise and see if it works. Maybe a blanket to test out and if that works you could think about getting something else that is made to absorb sound.

John,
APC Cork

If this is an apartment that you do not own there's not a whole lot you can do without the owner involved.

yup. If it is not your place not much you can sadly.

John,
APC Cork

Latest posts

Back