Step Lights

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again guys!

We placed the boxes last night by drilling one hole through the form from the stair side in to the concrete side where one of the nails to hold the box would be. Then we measured horizontally and vertically to the next box until all boxes were located. We then reached into the form and placed the boxes using the holes as locators. I checked everything several times and I think the boxes are withing 1/4" of the measurements. We'll see how it looks once the stairs are poured.

You're right Bud, there were many unexpected problems and issues to figure out because the drawings weren't perfectly clear. My contractor has been incredibly patient - much more patient than I would have been!

The biggest problem here was that this was a last minute idea and there wasn't enough time to plan it properly given all the other things going on.

Anyway, we'll see how it turns out.

Thanks again for all your advice!

When we show up to do a wall like this the first thing we do is the math for stairs to make sure they are going to work with the plans the customer has. With a request like you had here, we would have lines drawn on the inside of the near panels in ten minutes before the steel went up and the other panel went up. Depending on the size of thew job the electician would have a limited time to get his boxes in.

Latest posts

Back