Outside Bathroom floor drain

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kviator

Reaction score
I'm planning to build an outside bathroom for a pool area. I want to put a small drain in the floor to make water cleanup easy. I have not poured the slab yet, so now is the time to put this in.

What all do I need to make this work? Can I get something like this connected to a 90 and PVC out of the slab?

FD-2212.jpg

Thanks.

Do you mean outside shower?. The shown PVC drain part look like a 3 inches one, more than enough for draining your future shower. Make sure it is flushed to the floor and pitch the floor toward the drain.

If this new shower is going to be discharging to your actual sewer line, this part must be connected to a U or trap below the floor. Drain rules may call for all drains to be traped to avoid gases from surfacing.

Not a shower, just a drain for wet kids going to the BR. Got it done. Ran it to the area drains and we're good now. Thanks.

shower or not, if these "area drains" are the sewer or septic waste lines, then your pool area won't smell very nice without a trap. Traps prevent sewer gasses from venting through any drains.

Back