Space filler storage.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittenbritt

Reaction score
The people who lived here previously put in a Home Depot modular kitchen with black granite counter top and back splash. The flipper who took it on after they were foreclosed on. Admitted to my face that there was a much bigger $1200 gas cooker in there when it took it and that he put in a cheaper smaller model and boxed in the gaps between the new cooker and the cabinets. So now there is open space between our cooker and stove on both but we can't reach it from the front. There's not even a side wall along side the cooker. It's wasted space. And I came across those space filler solutions on Home Depot. Thought that would be a good idea to improve storage in our kitchen. But the space fillers state you can only install with a new kitchen not pre existing. Is there anything like that we can install easily ourselves hat is similar and can be added to our new kitchen. And budget friendly?

You're not likely to find anything like a kit that would fit what you need. All you could do is steel the design and build your own to fit.

Sorry for late reply. There's a good 9 inches plus ether side I the cooker that's just boxed in empty space.

That will be a tight space to work in, will you be able to move the cooker. The front and back of the space add support for the counter, so if you remove that you will want to add the gable against the stove. You could pre-build the drawer but the rest of it will likely need to be built in place. Have you checked to see if something is availabe for drawer front or cupboard doors that come close in size or are you just thinking of using the filler that is there?

I don't think we can move the cooker as it would mean moving the microwave with vent that is above it as well. I'd just like to improve the storage without doing too much remodeling as eventually I'd like to add an extension and move the washing machine and dryer out to there. An then possibly remodel then.
So far my list is adding more shelves to each cabinet we have and changing out the lazy Susan in one cupboard as its bowing and we need something for pots and pans etc. we also don't have any marble spare to make the counter top different. The extra 9inches of counter either side was topped with marble off cuts. It's not a seamless counter top.

Yes it's posible to do this, I just ment can the cooker be moved for working in there and then replaced.

Back