Moles

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary

Reaction score
Does anyone have a sure fired way to get rid of moles? I've tried just about everything I can think of and they are still here. I think they are just playing with me. I just finished landscaping and they were digging it up before I was even finished on the side yard. On the front yard, I put grub-X in the trenches for the retaining walls before filling them in with the gravel base. Then more grub-X around the base of the walls before I backfilled. Then broadcasted Grub-X on the front lawn when the project was done. No moles yet (about 2-3 weeks) but this time of year they usually slow down some, so I don't know if that will stop them or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I spent late summer and all fall working nights and weekends to get the front yard fixed up. It would be great if I could keep the moles from digging it up.

Thanx
Gary

Are you sure they are moles?? If so use Mole Killer by Motomco.. It is mole bait that duplicates a real worm.

You may also want to put down something called Nematoads. They are a natural enemy of grubs or they somehow infect the grubs. You'll have to google it to get more info and they take some time to affect the grubs but they also last about 10 - 15 years so I'd use them in addition to the other treatments. I was able to find them at HD about 3 years ago and the moles have signifigantly reduced.

I appreciate any help keeping the moles @ bay. I spent allot of time landscaping last fall, walkways, retaining walls, etc. I'm declaring war on the little critters this year. I've been told the local grain elevator has some good stuff. Not sure what the name is. A friend of mine told me about it. It's getting close to time to ask him about it and give it a try. If it works I'll let you know. I'll also be checking into the Mole Killer by Motomco & Nematoads. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Latest posts

Back