F-350

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oldognewtrick

Noticed a slight noise coming from the front brakes so I figured today was a good day to pull the wheels and check it out. Pads were still like new, founds the bushing that covers the caliper pins were all deteriorated, so I got new one. Cleaned the pins real good, greased em up and put it all back together. While it was apart I replaced the vacuum lines to the 4 wheel drive hub, old ones fell apart in my hands. So, all is well cause its Miller Time.

I had the same thing happen on an old truck. My new Dually has squealing brakes so when I took it in for service I asked them to take a look since it is under all warranties. They said thats normal and to get used to it. Where I come from squealing brakes are not normal.

Mine went squealing, just a noise when coming to a stop, I think it was just because the pads were a little glazed.

I'm sure mine are with all the towing I do. I have even taken the trailer off the truck in over a month.

I love the smell of donut glazed break dust in the morning...

Back