how bad is this?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nankonir

Reaction score
So I decided to test some of the paint in my apartment with two test kits and I was quite shocked at the results...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_KqN25Mo_U[/ame]

Practically all of the paint in the apartment that was there before I came is lead paint. The landlord or whoever owned the house before him even decided to use the extra lead paint to paint on the inside of the kitchen cabinets...

Practically all of the paint in the apartment that was there before I came is lead paint. The landlord or whoever owned the house before him even decided to use the extra lead paint to paint on the inside of the kitchen cabinets...

As you probably well know, such lead contamination is very detrimental for children.

If you are concerned about yourself, and apparently you are, I suggest an air purifier with a HEPA or Filtrete filter to trap lead particles.

You may want to consider consuming Modified Citrus Pectin which is reputed to detox a person of heavy metals. Also, garlic is recommended for this purpose. Brocolli has been recommended to detox children of lead poisoning.

I hope I have been helpful.

L.B.

As you probably well know, such lead contamination is very detrimental for children.

If you are concerned about yourself, and apparently you are, I suggest an air purifier with a HEPA or Filtrete filter to trap lead particles.

I bet those are super expensive. Do regular department stores carry them? And yeah I'm concerned about my health, who wouldn't be? LOL

You may want to consider consuming Modified Citrus Pectin which is reputed to detox a person of heavy metals. Also, garlic is recommended for this purpose. Brocolli has been recommended to detox children of lead poisoning.

I hope I have been helpful.

L.B.

I don't really believe in any of that New Age crap. I'll just stick with conventional medicine. Chelation therapy has been shown to work and there is very little maybe about it. The only problem is, it's not resolutely used to treat low level lead poisoning...

Lead paint was used for hundreds of years and no one lived past fifteen?
Three people are in danger with lead paint. The guy that put it up, the guy that took it down and the kids that eat wood work.
If this worries you, move.

Yeah, I thought these kinds of experiments stopped in 1945 when 'Uncle Adolf' went out of business.
I guess not.

Well, we might have to wait until we evolve into a higher form of life. Since 'Eve' lived 500K years ago we may be overdue.

But. . .wait . . .do you think these higher life forms are already living among us and since they are biologically superior they know better than to make their presence known? :eek:

Yo?! Superior being dudes and dudettes out there?! Give us hope, would you? :beer:

But. . .wait . . .do you think these higher life forms are already living among us and since they are biologically superior they know better than to make their presence known? :eek:

Yo?! Superior being dudes and dudettes out there?! Give us hope, would you? :beer:

Now I'm comfused...I thought those where called politicians?

Now I'm comfused...I thought those where called politicians?

Nah.

Somebody asked Marilyn Vos Savant why we can't have decent people for leaders. She said that nobody decent would want the job.

World leaders are likely to have personality disorders and the CIA psych guy Jerrold Post knows what they are.

Hitler and Stalin were paranoid, with Stalin being the sicker of the two.

In the US we very likely had a paranoid running for president, but usually the narcissists and OCD people win, at least in an open society.

Some CEOs tend to be sociopaths. It's hard to succeed in business if you are disabled by a functioning conscience.

Google "personality disorder" along with the name of your favorite politician and see what comes up. :p Add the initials DSM to make the results more credible. :cool:

So I've lived there for almost a year now and I have no noticeable symptoms. My language skills are where they were about a year ago, no better but apparently no worse and my math skills are still okay. I managed to pass the subject GRE with a pretty high score. I had my blood tested at the end of August and it showed a level of 1.7 micrograms of lead per deciliter of blood. Not high but not low either. My doctor told me it was negligible and that the dust in my home wasn't going to hurt but that the anxiety from worrying about it would, so I stopped worrying. Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what was happening. I'm sure my blood lead level is slightly higher now but still not high enough to cause problems. I am finally moving the hell out of there though. Good riddance.

So I've lived there for almost a year now and I have no noticeable symptoms. My language skills are where they were about a year ago, no better but apparently no worse and my math skills are still okay. I managed to pass the subject GRE with a pretty high score. I had my blood tested at the end of August and it showed a level of 1.7 micrograms of lead per deciliter of blood. Not high but not low either. My doctor told me it was negligible and that the dust in my home wasn't going to hurt but that the anxiety from worrying about it would, so I stopped worrying. Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what was happening. I'm sure my blood lead level is slightly higher now but still not high enough to cause problems. I am finally moving the hell out of there though. Good riddance.
Thanks for the datapoint.

"The new standard, announced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday and applicable to children under 6, lowers the threshold to 5 micrograms of lead per deciliter of blood, from 10 micrograms per deciliter."

I guess I'd ask if you will develop problems much later in life, like carcinogens will do, or you got away with it. Cancer-causing agents have a latency period because their damage is at the molecular level, but lead poisoning may not.

It's probably unlikely that 1.7 causes 100 x 1.7/5 = 34% as much problems as 5 does.

You may want to go on the NIH or the NLM website. Their info is for doctors and not generally for public consumption.
It's the inside scoop but interpreting it correctly for non-medical people may be difficult. It's like learning a new language.

4 ug/dl is average in the US so I'd like to know why your doc. says 1.7 is not low.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back