Need advice on roof overhang repair:

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenlight

Reaction score
I was out inspecting my roof today and found one corner that wasn't finished well. I took a pic:

roofrepair.jpg

I'm tempted to squirt some black roof repair caulk into the hole under the shingles.

The wood beam that is sticking out might be construction or it might be decorative. I'm not sure right now. I thought about sanding it and painting it, but the area is so small and not visible that I would consider something less attractive if it's simpler/quicker.

Any advice for me?

Last edited:
How did they get away with a third layer of new roofing on there? Maybe it's ok in your local area. I would have a roofer look at the roof/wall intersection above. With stucco, I'm betting they didn't re-flash the junction since the 1st layer of composition.

Repair the wood, paint it, and flash it. Why doesn't the gutter return there? That looks like some deep rot, I suggest to call a professional. Be safe, G

Hey Greenlight, can we get an image of a little more area, to include the configuration of aluminum there on the left?

Back