Framing Bathroom Mirror

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallMeVilla

Reaction score
Has anyone framed one of those large plate bathroom mirrors? There is an online source but I thought I'd look at DIY ...

This their video ... guess we have to decide cost/benefit for DIY.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJzw94VBqvI[/ame]

The packages arrive fully finished and ready for assembly. A good sized bathroom mirror might be 25 linear feet in perimeter. Their prices range from $7.40 - $10.00 per foot. Labor on this is almost nothing ...

Villa - I did my bathroom mirror with a mirror mate product which is very similar. It was very easy and fit perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Home Repair

Client has opted for this product in two bathrooms. Getting free samples to check for finish and color. When you think about it, unless you do this frequently, it is more cost effective to do a "one off" with the pre-made product than to buy necessary stuff, do the finishing, cut the keyhole in the back, and apply double-back tape ....

Will take before and after to share the outcome.

That's the right choice. I did two about four years ago and they still look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

I would not use a keyhole slot and double backed tape on a mirror of this size and weight.Especially in a moist environment .I have done several of these and hang the mirror on the wall with mastic and then frame it in and pin the frame.I cut a dado in the back of the frame to accept the mirror.

Latest posts

Back