DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Appliance Discussion > Typical size of a fridge

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:39 AM  
zannej

Liked 492 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 2869

Yup. Rev-A-Shelf has plastic as well as stainless steel trays for the "tip out sink front".

swimmer_spe, did you ever figure out what you were going to use above the fridge?

Old 07-30-2016, 06:06 AM  
swimmer_spe
Liked 66 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannej View Post
Yup. Rev-A-Shelf has plastic as well as stainless steel trays for the "tip out sink front".

swimmer_spe, did you ever figure out what you were going to use above the fridge?
Not yet. However, this home is not a high end home, and I plan to sell in 5 years. Too be fair, I will make the opening big enough for a large fridge and just have regular shelving for it. My next home, the one that may be my forever home, I would put things like that in.

zannej Likes This 
Old 07-30-2016, 06:27 AM  
zannej

Liked 492 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 2869

Ah. Then if you don't plan to stay, you don't need to do anything fancy.
What color cabinet do you want and what is your price range?

I saw an unfinished one close to $60 on HD. http://www.homedepot.com/p/36x12x12-...2OHD/202978361

There is a white one for a little more http://www.homedepot.com/p/Heartland...015P/203932392

There's one that is more expensive-- like $133 http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-B...-NHK/202518635

You can try looking here for ones that are 36" wide (if you want to go that wide).

Old 08-08-2016, 02:42 PM  
elbo
Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 43

don't over buy the fridge, buy only what size fits the needs of your family. Whats the sense of buying a large fridge if there are only 2 or 3 in your family? If you get it too big, you will be spending money to cool the empty spaces in the fridge. I can see getting a little more than you need so as to keep thing from getting too crowded

Old 08-08-2016, 04:07 PM  
swimmer_spe
Liked 66 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo View Post
don't over buy the fridge, buy only what size fits the needs of your family. Whats the sense of buying a large fridge if there are only 2 or 3 in your family? If you get it too big, you will be spending money to cool the empty spaces in the fridge. I can see getting a little more than you need so as to keep thing from getting too crowded
I agree wholeheartedly. I am a single guy. The fridge I have is fine, but I don't plan to live here forever. I also don't plan to be single, or childless for ever.

I want to remodel the kitchen so that a decent sized fridge fits. I am not talking those ginormous ones. The house is a 3 bedroom, so, I figure one that is a good size for a family of 4-6 is the size I want to build for. That doesn't mean I will ever get a big one. It just means that when I sell, the new family can fit one in that they need.

zannej Likes This