Potential?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igneous

Reaction score
I really like the location of this house, and it has enough room for me, but I'm trying to figure out if actually has any potential to look good and have a garage? Obviously it could probably look a lot better for a huge amount of money, but Im looking for some opinions about what options i might have. I'm willing to put some money into it, but maybe there are some creative ideas that I'm not thinking of that would make these changes a little more affordable. Any thoughts? -I know the pics arent very good, it's all I have at the moment though
35hhjpt.jpg

2ivd7w3.jpg

2n7m7fq.jpg

bfnygo.jpg

Adding anything to the footprint depends on your zoning laws for that neigborhood.
A garage is minimum 10,000 in RI for a contractor to build.
As for as that dormer roof in the front, I would have built a gable ended roof, not a flat roof.Flat roofs are not for our climate, and will leak soon and have to be changed anyway.Not to mention the insulation installed is minimal with a 2x8 rafter...which is about the size of that overhang. It will make the house look more craftsman style.

Remove the bushes, and do some landscaping.Have fun.

Well I think you still got some plenty of space to put up a garage in there. Probably on the left or right part of the house depending on what part has the bigger size. :)

Does it have a septic tank or city sewers? If a septic tank, this will guide any garage placement.

Adding anything to the footprint depends on your zoning laws for that neigborhood.
A garage is minimum 10,000 in RI for a contractor to build.
As for as that dormer roof in the front, I would have built a gable ended roof, not a flat roof.Flat roofs are not for our climate, and will leak soon and have to be changed anyway.Not to mention the insulation installed is minimal with a 2x8 rafter...which is about the size of that overhang. It will make the house look more craftsman style.

Remove the bushes, and do some landscaping.Have fun.
yeah I can swing that for sure, and I basically only need a garage with framing, roof, siding and electrical. The rest I can take care of. I'd kill to be able to give the house more of a craftsman look, hopefully I can figure out a way without going way over budget

Latest posts

Back