Painter painted over bare spots, left marks do I need to repaint entire wall?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airtas

Reaction score
I had one of my rooms painted due to the cathedral ceiling. Upon completion of a 2 coat job I told the painter I saw white marks (see through spots) which he took the roller and went over to cover up.

He had washed his roller prior to this but the white spots are gone but now colored spots which are different shade of the paint. Is it watered down maybe?

Does the whole wall need to be painted or anyway to touch up?
It loos like someone sponged some marks on the wall basically.

What did he do wrong?

408122174.jpg

I would suggest that if you are not happy with the results, ask him to repaint the whole area to make it uniform. Just my:2cents:

is it quite visible? IF you know the color code how about you just touch by yourself. Gently roll and gradually increase and decrease the pressure. I am not profressional however this approach seems to work on my current project I am working on.

I had one of my rooms painted due to the cathedral ceiling. Upon completion of a 2 coat job I told the painter I saw white marks (see through spots) which he took the roller and went over to cover up.

He had washed his roller prior to this but the white spots are gone but now colored spots which are different shade of the paint. Is it watered down maybe?

Does the whole wall need to be painted or anyway to touch up?
It loos like someone sponged some marks on the wall basically.

What did he do wrong?
408122174.jpg
You have a shiny finish and you can't touch up and get away with it usually. You will most likely have to paint the entire wall. The different colored spots you mention are most likely due to what we call tint float, eg; the dark colored paint you chose is so saturated with the tint that it all doesn't stay mixed. Paint will only accept so much tint, hence the different bases.

Rick

You hired a pro, and he left those marks? Ask him back to take a look at it. he should be embarrassed enough to make it right.

(Just saw the date of the orig post....never mind.
So if the OP is out there, how did it resolve???

Latest posts

Back