Flooded Driveway

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cibula11

Reaction score
I have a situation in my driveway that creates water to pool up towards a low end of the my driveway/yard. On the other side, is an alley. The place where the water fills is at the lowest point, so I can't really do much with adding a french drain.
Could I add leveling concrete or some other form of cement to to raise the low spot (approx. 8x10) so that is slopes into the alley? The depth would be about 3 inches at is lowest , but then fan out to level it all?

Hello Cibula:
placing new concrete over old is a tricky situation. The surface must be very clean, an epoxy treatment will help tremendously, but concrete spread less than 2" thick will crack and pop off within a year.
I know it would be terribly expesive but breaking out the low concrete and repouring to a satisfactory grade is your best answer.
Glenn

I agree with glennjanie, you could concrete over it but this would probably just be a short-term fix. You are best of either installing a drain or starting all over again I'm afraid :)

Back